To outline the lips:
Apply the pencil following the natural lips contour.
1. Mark three points: one in the center and two more at the tips of the upper lip, and connect them.
2. Mark another point in the center of the lower lip and draw a line from the corners to the center point.
3. Then apply lipstick or lipgloss.
It can also be used as a base for the lipstick, by applying it on the entire surface to prolong lipstick´s fixation, or over lipstick for a trendy semi-matte finish.
MAKEUP ARTIST PROFESSIONAL TRICK:
- Pick up a lip liner that’s one to two shades lighter than your lipstick, just be sure that the products belong to the same color family. If a darker than lipstick shade is used your lips won´t appear fuller.
- To increase optically, naturally, the size of the lips: trace just outside the natural contour of the lips, as close as possible to the natural contour to avoid creating an artificial effect.
- To make thick lips appear smaller: apply makeup base or concealer over the entire surface of the lips, and trace the shape of the mouth just inside the natural contour of the lips.